Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It really is ages since I last posted, so have made a May resolution (is that possible?) to post at least once a week.


Since launching my website http://www.craftandquilting.com.au/ a few months back, I have been so busy going to quilting groups and markets to demonstrate the Accuquilt cutters, that I haven't had a great amount of time to actually make much! I spent a week in Deniliquin in NSW in April and sold 14 Baby GO!'s and 3 GO! Cutters in a week. Of course, those same poeple are now buying extra dies.
I am still hand quilting the Double Wedding ring quilt in the last post, and am making up a knee rug for my 2 year old grandson William! It is coming into winter and when he has dinner..then his bath, it is time to watch a bit of his favourite TV show "In the Night Garden" at the moment. SO.... I thought I'd give him something a bit special, just for himself. So he can sit down and get sleepy...hey, it works for me!



It is cut using the 6 1/2" Tumbler die and the numbers are from Accuquilts Buy and Try range of new dies. I splurged and got the letters as well. Both the numbers and letters are 3" high.



Next I will audition some fabrics for the border... maybe a narrow black, a little yellow and edged with the same blue?



The cute cow fabric I got from a Fat 1/4 swap on the Craft Forum I belong to, http://www.thepickledishpatch.com/OurCraftForum so I decided to use it this way so it managed to spread itself!








































1 comment:

  1. I am sure that your grandson will love snuggling under that gorgeous bright quilt. I know I would!

    ReplyDelete