Friday, January 13, 2012

Latest Finish!

I have been very slack with blog world for a few months... we went travelling to the other side of Australia, demonstrating the Accuquilt products to groups everywhere! Also selling them of course, so the productivity levels of quilt makers have shot up over on the West side of Australia!
I finished a quilt I made all from donated fabrics. A kind lady gave me a bag of Batik offcuts to use for my demonstrations of the Accuquilt GO! fabric cutter, and within a few demonstrations I had cut up enough for a large lap quilt, or a handy quilt to take to an outdoor show.
The 3 1/2" tumbler die meant that I could cut 18 pieces in one go, and of course, as they are all cut accurately, it was easy to sew up and join the corners. I used the Rick Rack die to make it different. That was fun, I used waste fabric to work out where it would fit on the border first, before I cut the green. I even made the four little circles from the Rose of Sharon die. I think I'd call the quilt something Jewels of Dehli.
It was also my first go at Free Motion Quilting other than just a circular design. I made a flower, a bit like a hibicus on each tumbler, linking them as I went, then between the tumber and the rick rack I made little leaves. The outside edge is the same little leave shape. It was much more fun than I thought it would be, and I'll be doing more of it!

1 comment: