Monday, August 2, 2010

Also I been have working on Life is a Celebration BOM in Homepsun. When I discovered that the designers used quite a bit of their stash in the blocks and I had bought just enough French Hatbox to complete the quilt, I put the project on hold until we got back from Tasmania. So now I am ploughing ahead... still have to do a few more, but they are really on the cutting board and one is on the machine!
I have two more corner blocks done, and in the next day or two will update again when I get Kellie Wulfsohns block...nature, finished!
This BOM is such a learning curve... from blanket stitch applique and bias making, embroidery (which I discovered I love) to needleturn applique and free motion applique...which I am teaching myself! So far I have made a few blocks of leaves and flowers with free motion applique, which I will one day make into a knee rug...or a king size quilt, depending on how long it takes!








6 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choices Norma - very pretty

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Norma. You have chosen perfect fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Norma..I am in love with them. Such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours. They look fab

    ReplyDelete